Tomorrow is the beginning of the new semester! New attitude, new outlook, new goals, and of course new challenges. I will look at this semester as a new opportunity, to not get as sidelined as I probably got last semester.
I started reading up on my economics (what a cool dude I am!) just to get a refresher for the god-knows-how-many econ classes I will be taking this semester :P And additionally I started reading up on more German, just cause I can!
This past week hasn't really been very productive. I spent the last few days getting adjusted to a sleeping routine, and I've passed the worst of it...and man was it bad. On Thursday, my roomie and I went to visit with our friends, Simon, Britta, Franzi and Adrian (who had just returned from Turkey). And yesterday Freya and I went to Franzi and Adrian's again to have dinner. We hung out for a bit, watched some TV.
I finally caught a glimpse of Jersey Shore, and wow...all I gotta say is that I have been living in Germany too long. That show is funny in a bad sense, like you are laughing at them and how ridiculous they are! But it was good entertainment :) And then we also watched Germany's version of American Idol called "Deutschland sucht den Superstar". Translated it means "Germany searches for Superstar" lol. Here they just call it DSDS. Wow, it really is no wonder they don't ever get famous on the other side of the pond...it's bad! This is basically singing aside. The costumes, the awful "dancers"...and well, it's just plain bad. But it's huge! Rightfully so, if it is the equivalent of American Idol in popularity then I can understand why it's so big.
Today was pretty boring. After waking up at a decent hour, I had breakfast, did my laundry, caught up on Grey's Anatomy online, ate lunch, read my book (Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert - highly recommend this one!), and now I am on my blog! Anyways, as I look outside my window, the parking lot is filling up...which means pretty much students are here and we're ready for tomorrow...maybe. At least a new semester will pave the way for more Lara adventures! I hope this post finds your Sunday as lazy as mine :)
The Final Post
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment