Sunday, December 13, 2009

Schnee!

I am looking outside my window, and there is snow falling!  I was kind of wondering when it was going to show up because the rain has been non-stop!

Since I last wrote to you, not much new things have been going on.  I've been juggling between studying and socializing with my new friends that I've made.  The good news is that I've taken a break from the studentclub, 2 weeks in a row!  I'm no spring chicken, so going out once a week eventually has started to catch up with me :P  But this coming Tuesday I will go because it's the Christmas party!

My German friends here have been so kind, and have been doing such an awesome job trying to make us foreigners feel at home and celebrating the holidays.  It's been lots of fun, last weekend we were over at our friend's house and we spent the day baking cookies, watched Elf, and sat around drinking Glühwine and enjoying each others' company.  Then we've also spent time visiting the Weihnachtsmarkts here in Schmalkalden, and other parts of Germany.  On Wednesday, we are going to Erfurt to visit the Christmas market again, and go for sushi and shopping!

I sent a care package to my family this week, and I hope they like it!  It's not very big but I included some of my favorite treats from Germany.  Yummy!  And of course, since my sister's announcement, I have been thinking about the baby nonstop!  The combination of Christmas and not being in Canada to help my sister has made me a little sad lately, not gonna lie.  But, I know that they are all okay and it will be fine :)  I don't think I would have passed up this opportunity anyways.

Well, a week from today I will be having my own visitors!  As I write this, they should be arriving in England shortly, if not already.  I can't wait to see them and for them to see what life is like here :)

Anyways, I have to continue studying for my midterm on Tuesday.  I hope this post finds you all well into the Christmas spirit, as there is so much to be thankful for.  I have so many blessings in my life!

Bis nächste Mal

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas FV neighbour!!! I am happy that the snow is falling and its looking a lot more like Christmas!! LOL about Elf, hey Ming Ming!! Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy and good luck with the exam. Miss ya lots and I bet u r excited for your visitors...speaking of that, I swear we saw Ivan at the west end Olive Garden last night. Miss ya and love ya lots

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete